CAREERS WITH SECUREWEST
For training courses and job vacancies straight to your inbox sign up to our newsletter click here.
Technical Supervisor - Global Response Centre
The Technical Supervisor for the Securewest Global Response Centre (GRC), assisting the Technical Manager, is responsible for the operational delivery and technical support for MAC & SSAS, Medical Offshore Support Services (MSOS) and the Sphere Travel Risk Platform and its associated products and services. In addition, to provide cover for all Global Response Operators during leave or any other absence, so some shift work is required as part of this role (approx. 80 days per annum).
Global Response Operators respond to incoming global alerts via telephone and our emergency risk management platform. Global Response Operators are to act according to emergency response protocols, plans and procedures, this can be demanding as difficult decisions have to be made quickly and accurately with clients who could be distressed. The role is desk-based, utilising the risk management platform to monitor the position of our clients and identify any emerging risks.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to be comfortable talking to people in various emotional / sensitive states
- Strong judgement skills with the ability to prioritise by order of importance
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills
- Understanding of emergency response and crisis management
- Ability to operate various computer and communication equipment
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent listener, able to analyse and interpret information
- Maintain accurate records and logs
- Proficient on Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Logical thinker
- Project Management
- Global awareness in relation to geopolitical and risk related incidents and states
- Experience of working in regions of increased risk
- Understanding of the risk management
- Experience working with multiple communication systems
Hours: 40 hours per week and some shift work (as directed)
Location: Plymouth, Devon, England
To Apply: If your experience and aspirations match our requirements and you would like to receive more information and apply for the role please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Maritime Security Officers
Securewest are seeking Maritime Security Officers to provide security on-board vessels travelling within the High Risk Areas.
Applicants will require the following qualifications/certifications as a minimum. If you do not hold any of the below qualifications/certificates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further advice.
- Minimum of 4 years military service (post age of 18)
- Clear DBS disclosure
- Mental Health Letter from GP (LONO)
- Yellow Fever vaccination certificate
- Maritime Firearms Competency Course (MFCC)
- Military Discharge Certificate/Testimonial
- Seamans Book
- STCW79 SSO or 8269 MSO
- Ship / Maritime Security Officer
- UK Passport
- Relevant Trauma Qualification (FPOS/MIRA/FREC3 etc)
- Relevant Anti Piracy or SSO / MSO Course
To Apply: If your experience and aspirations match our requirements please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Securewest International is a leading international security and global risk management company, providing risk management solutions, consultancy services and training for over 30 years.