Weekly Maritime Summary 22 - 29 July 2019
The Securewest Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded five maritime related incidents, there were three robberies, one boarding and one Migrant and Refugee incident during the reporting period 22 - 29 July 2019.
- 22-July-2019 - Robbery - MV CK BUEBELL was robbed in the Singapore Strait.
- 24-July-19 - Robbery - A boat berthed in approximate position 18 04 29 N, 067 11 19, was robbed at Marina Pescaderia in Cabo Rojo Puerto Rico.
- 25-July-19 - Migrant and Refugee Incident - At least 116 migrants are missing and another 132 were rescued by Libyan coast guards off the coast of Komas, a town east of the capital Tripoli.
- 25-July-19 - Robbery - The berthed MV, MOLENGRACHT, was robbed in position 10 44 00 N, 106 44 00 E, Lotus Port, Vietnam.
- 26-July-19 - Boarding - An anchored MT was boarded in position 06 18 06 N, 003 23 35 E, Lagos anchorage, Nigeria.
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group|
Securewest International provide a wide range of Maritime Security, Information and Intelligence services for further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.